CUSAT 2015 Admissions through CAT, DAT, LET
The Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) is one of the best universities in South India. It has constantly been ranked as among the most premier educational institutions in India to pursue higher degrees in science and technology. Each year the university holds an array of tests for allow students entry into various fields of study. Among the most important of these tests are Common Admission, Lateral Entry Tests and Departmental Admission Test. This article will provide interested students all the relevant information they need to apply for the CUSAT examinations of 2015.
The Common Aptitude Test (CAT) is a computerized, standardized test used by Cochin University to determine eligibility of students for their list of B. Tech. programs, Five Years Integrated MSc. in Photonics program, Five-year B.Com. LL.B. (Hons) Five-year B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons).
The Lateral Entry Test is used by Engineering Diploma holders to gain admission in the 2nd year of a B. Tech course.
Department Admission Tests are conducted by individual departments in the university and hold their own exams for admissions to their programs. Students applying to particular courses offered by departments in the university should enquire with them for the latest application nd exam schedule.
Cochin University offers a large number of graduate and post graduate courses to students. The majority fall into the general domain of science and technology. Here is a list of courses on offer for CUSAT 2015.
- B.Tech. in Civil Engg., Computer Science & Engg., Electrical & Electronics Engg., Electronics & Communication Engg., Information Technology, Mechanical Engg. and Safety & Fire Engg.
- B.Tech. in Polymer Science & Engineering
- Five Year Integrated M.Sc. in Photonics
- B.Tech. in Instrumentation Technology
- B.Tech. in Marine Engg. (Residential Programme)**
- B.Tech. in Naval Architecture & Ship Building
- 5 Year B.B.A LL.B. (Hons.) (Cost sharing)
- 5 Year B.Com.LL.B (Hons) (Cost sharing)
- 3 year LLB
- M.B.A. (Part-time )
- M.B.A.(Travel & Tourism)
- M.B.A.(International Business)
- M.A. Applied Economics
- M.C.A. (Regular and Cost Sharing)
- M.Sc. Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biopolymer Science, Electronic Science (with specialization in Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Microwave, Electronics and Computer Technology), Environmental Technology, Hydrochemistry, Industrial Fisheries, Nautical science, Instrumentation, Marine Biology, Marine Geology, Marine Geophysics, Mathematics, Meteorology, Oceanography, Physics, Seafood Safety and Trade, Statistics
Master of Intellectual Property (MIP),Ph.D, LL.M (IPR) Ph.D Degree.
- M. Tech. Atmospheric Science, Computer Aided Structural Analysis & Design, Computer & Information Science Software Engg., Computer Science with Specialization in Embedded Systems (Part-Time), Electronics (With specialization in Digital Electronics, Microwave & Radar Electronics), Industrial Catalysis, Marine Engineering, M. Tech. Marine Biotechnology, Ocean Technology, Opto-Electronics & Laser Technology, Polymer Technology, Civil Engineering with specialization in Geotechnical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Thermal Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering with specialization in Wireless Technology, Information Technology with specialization in Software Systems, Health, Safety & Environment Management, Computer Science & Engineering with specilisation in Network Computing, Part Time M.Tech. in Civil Engineering (Construction Engg. & Management), Chemical Engineering (Process Engg), Mechanical Engg (Production Engg.) and Electrical & Electronics Engineering with specialization in Power Electronics.
- M. Phil. In Chemistry, Commerce, Hindi, Physics and Mathematics, Applied Economics, Marine Chemistry, Fisheries Science, Life Sciences
- Various PhD Courses
Date of Notification for CAT, LET & DAT
Online registration for CAT, LET and PG programmes including M.Tech and MBA
programmes (CMAT/MAT/CAT score required for MBA)
Remittance of fee at Bank (through chalan/net banking)
Online registration by International students
Extended Online registration only for M.Tech. and MBA programme
(CMAT/MATG-MAT score for MBA) (GATE score for M.Tech)
Issue and receipt of DAT Applications from Departments for admissions to M.Phil
& PhD. & Diploma Programmes
Downloading the Admit Card - CAT from the website www.cusat.nic.in
Downloading the Admit Card - LET from the website www.cusat.nic.in
09:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Test for First Degree Programmes in Engineering and Technology (Maths, Physics and Chemistry)
09.30 AM. - 11.30 AM
02.00 PM - 04.00 PM
Aptitude Test for B.B.A. and B. Com. L.L.B. (Hons.)/ Test for MA Hindi
02.00 PM - 05.00 PM
Test for MIP-PhD & LLM-PhD
9.30.AM. - 11.30.AM
Test for Post-Graduate programmes (Biotechnology (601), Botany (602), Chemical
Engineering (603), Chemistry (604), Electronics(606), Engineering Science(607),
Fisheries(608), Geology(609), Law (for LL.M)(610), Life Science(611), Mathematics(612),
Physics(613), Statistics(614) , Zoology(615), Instrumentation(617), Food Science(618))
12.00 PM. - 02.00 PM
Aptitude Test for M.C.A
03.00 PM to 05.00 PM
Test for 3 year LLB Course
(Centre of Exam only in Ernakulam/Kochi)
10.00 AM. to 1.00 PM
Test for Lateral Entry to B .Tech Programmes
(Centre of Exam only in Ernakulam/Kochi)
- For the majority of Graduate courses at the university the minimum requirements differ marginally. However the general requirement varies between 50-60% depending upon the specific stream (Science, Commerce, Arts) chosen by the student in high school.
- For Post-Graduate courses the requirement is usually a Graduate or lower level degree from the same domain of study. Students applying for these courses should confirm the eligibility requirements for their specific course for the 2015 CUSAT academic admission notifications.
All applications are to be made online unless otherwise stated explicitly in the CUSAT 2015 notification. The application fees is Rs.1000 for General Category Candidates and Rs.500 for SC/ST Category. Rs.6000 for candidates who apply under NRI Quota respectively. For Post Doctoral, Diploma & Certificate Programmes - Rs.100 for general category and Rs.50 for SC/ST category respectively. CAT and LET candidates can make their payments online. DAT candidates should make their payments by Demand Draft for required amount drawn in favour of "Registrar, CUSAT" payable at Cochin, issued by SBT or SBI only.
General Enquiry (10 A.M. to 5 P.M.)
International Relations & Academic Admissions
+91(484)2577159, FAX : +91(484)2577688
Controller of Examinations